A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Sunday 20 April 2014

Wolverine Radio

I was tuning around 7 MHz tonight and ran across a strong single-sideband signal with music playing. It was the shortwave pirate station Wolverine Radio. This one is heard fairly regularly and seems to have good coverage over eastern North America. But obviously no one knows where the station is located. Details of the reception:
  • Wolverine Radio, 6945 kHz in SSB from 0125 to 0245 UTC. This was the last 25 minutes of their broadcast. Good signal, playing music that all seemed to be related to marijuana. No talking except for occasional "Wolverine Radio" IDs in a computer-generated voice. Then there was the sound of an SSTV (slow-scan television) image being transmitted, after which the station went off the air.
I recorded this and have posted the recording to archive.org

No comments: