A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Friday 18 April 2014

Radio Sawtu Linjilia

I caught a station on shortwave this afternoon that I'd never heard of. Radio Sawtu Linjilia (the Voice of Gospel), a religious station broadcasting to Africa. Frequency: 15315 kHz, at 1830-1850 UTC with a fair to good signal, broadcasting from Issoudon, France. It was in an African language. Short-wave.info gives the languages as Hausa and Fulfude, neither of which I would recognize. Received at Port Hope, Ontario, when I took a break from driving.

No comments: