A site about the radio listening hobby and my activities therein - longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, FM, and television DXing. A site about the radio listening hobby in all its forms, or at least the forms that interest me.

I am also a licenced amateur radio operator, callsign VE3LXL. Information about my amateur radio station is found on my station website.

Thursday 27 March 2014

DX Tape 01

Back in the 1970s, when I was still brand new to radio, I would sometimes record things from the radio onto tape. I assembled these clips onto a series of DX tapes. In the early 2000s, I digitized these tapes, and archived the files. Several months ago I discovered the Shortwave Radio Archive podcast and have been listening to it regularly since. When I discovered that the archive accepts contributions, I decided to contribute the recordings from my DX tapes. They're now over 35 years old and represent a world of international broadcasting that has now almost entirely disappeared.

The primary repository for my radio recordings will be archive.org. So far I've only uploaded the first one, DX Tape 1. The main feature on this recording is the Christmas edition of Radio Nederland's Happy Station Show from December, 1976. The folks at the Shortwave Radio Archive have also made it available through their podcast and website. If you were a listener to Radio Nederland in the 1970s I think you'll enjoy listening to Tom Meijer once again.

No comments: